Important note on the usage of these resources: These resources are drawn from a variety of sources and are listed for our members to further broaden your knowledge of clinical working within an emergency humanitarian context as a member of UK-Med.
In instances where the content of guidelines differ with those found in UK EMT SOPs, UK EMT SOPs will take precedence. Particular contexts may demand that national Ministry of Health and WHO Guidelines also take precedence over these guidelines.
The reading of these resources does not replace the need for good clinical judgement.
Humanitarian Health Standards and Core Manuals
All register members are required to provide update resuscitation certificates on their profile page.
- Minimum Initial Service Package for Women in Crisis Situations (MISP) Guidelines
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Green Top Guidelines - A list of guidelines on care of the pregnant patient
Key RCOG Guidelines Relevant for Emergency Settings:
- Antepartum Haemorrhage
- Prevention and Management of post-partum Haemorrhage
- Diagnosis and Management of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Management of Breach presentation
- Placenta Praevia, Placenta Praevia Accreta and Vasa Praevia: Diagnosis and Management
- Bacterial Sepsis in Pregnancy
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Umbilical Cord Prolapse
- NICE Guidelines Management of Hypertension in Pregnancy - Management of Pre-Eclampsia and Eclampsia is of particular interest