UK-Med are pleased to announce that we are planning a Mass Casualty Simulation, which will take place on Tuesday 9th November. The venue will be the Fire Service College in Moreton-in-Marsh.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read through the below information, which includes the purpose of the simulation, who can apply, pre-requisite tasks and logistical information.
The purpose of this simulation is to:
- give register members the opportunity to try out and test learning gained through core UK-Med training.
- bring together register members to build professional relationships.
- ensure that members are aware and trained in the use of various Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
This simulation will take place face to face and there will be a small amount of pre-reading so that participants are familiar with relevant SOPs.
UK based* register members can apply to attend if they wish to.
Places are limited and will be allocated based on register member engagement, as we would like to encourage participation from those who have not recently had the opportunity to attend a UK-Med face-to-face training or deployment.
Additionally, care will be taken to ensure there is as wide a mix of participants as possible ensuring diversity of representations.
Members will also need to have completed pre-requisite tasks before they attend (further details can be found below).
If you would like to attend, please complete the following form by midday on Tuesday 12th October.
If you have not already done so, you will need to complete the below activities before attending the simulation:
- The Deployment Course OR the Essential Response training.
- UK-Med Induction Pathway which includes:
- UN BSAFE
- UK EMT Induction
- UK-Med Induction (Please note that if a place is allocated to you, if you have not done so already, you will be asked to complete the UK-Med Induction, which is currently being redeveloped and only open upon invitation)
Instructions on how to access this training on Kaya can be found on this webpage.
Accommodation will be arranged for everyone the night before the simulation starts.
Transport: parking is available at the venue. The train station is a 30–45-minute walk from the venue and there are local taxi companies to book taxis through. It takes approximately 10 minutes from the train station to the venue and cost will be around £10.
Here are the most travelled routes and timing. These are all subject to change:
- London Paddington – Moreton-in-Marsh | Duration: 1 hour, 30 min |
Frequency: Every hour
- Birmingham – Moreton-in-Marsh | Duration: 1 hour, 45 min | Frequency: Every hour
- Manchester – Moreton-in-Marsh | Duration 3-hour, 30 min | Frequency: Every hour
- Cardiff – Moreton-in-Marsh | Duration: 3-hour, 30 min | Frequency: Every hour
Expenses: UK-Med will reimburse up to £100 for travel expenses related to attending a simulation. For those who may be concerned with expenses, please do let us know.
*Currently these simulations are open to UK based register members due to the prohibitive travel costs (and quarantine requirements) for those coming from overseas.