UK-Med will soon be recruiting experienced health professionals to join the UK Emergency Medical Team (UK EMT) Roster. The UK Emergency Medical Team (UK EMT) is a government funded initiative to provide emergency humanitarian health care to those affected by disasters or other humanitarian emergencies. It can deploy specialist teams to deal with specific emergencies or a full field hospital at the request of the UK government and its partners.
The UK EMT will be recruiting to the following skill sets:
- Obstetricians and Midwives
- Paediatric Nurses
- Operating Theatre Practitioners
Role descriptions and application instructions will be communicated in due course.
In order to apply, you will need to complete the following steps which can be completed now:
- Create your UK-Med Community of Practice profile (See here for details)
- Upload an up to date CV to your profile which meets the following criteria:
- It should be five pages maximum
- It includes detailed current and previous employment history, which demonstrates clinical skills and responsibilities at work including any extra roles taken on
- It includes any relevant humanitarian work and any overseas experience
- It includes any relevant training courses or CPDs, for example: Diploma in Tropical medicine
- It includes evidence of up to date BLS, ACLS, ALS or similar depending on your speciality (where relevant)