The sign-up deadline of Wednesday 10 August is steadily approaching…
Book your place today and join the UK-Med Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge on Saturday 10 September!
UK-Med’s vision of a world where everyone has the healthcare they need when crises or disasters hit has never felt more urgent.
As the aid budget tightens when more and more people need our help, we urgently need to raise money so that we can respond to emergencies wherever they hit – and you can help.
Join our team to support our vital healthcare work around the world.
Save £20 when you sign up as a team of four! (*offer ends Friday 15 July*)
The event is open to members, supporters and friends or family too, so you could even get a team together with others in your bubble.
Check out some photos from last year’s event!
25 miles. 12 hours. 3 hilltop views. And you.
We can’t promise you sun (it is the UK!), but we can promise you:
For a registration fee of £35, you’ll get a place on the walk, guided by event provider Get Outdoors, and a UK-Med t-shirt. We’ll also give you access to our fundraising community group, for top tips on fundraising and all the support you need to raise money for our vital work.
Here’s some advice from Linda, who recently completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge for UK-Med and raised an incredible £800 to support our emergency healthcare work in Ukraine.
`` I think my top tips would be:
1. The more walking you can do in preparation the better. I'd done a weekly 15+ miles for the last 2 months, and the full distance twice before the actual day so it wasn't a shock to be on my feet for so long, and nothing hurt the next day.
2. Walking poles made a huge difference to me, so worth considering.
3. Make sure your footwear fits, my boots are 1.5 sizes bigger than my shoes so my toes don't get squashed on the downhill bits!
4. Take a big chunk of fruit cake for the top of every hill!
5. Enjoy it! What an achievement to walk that distance and ascent in 12 hours! ``
Everyone should get the healthcare they need when disasters hit. Right now, millions don’t. Together, we can change that. Book your place now to join the team.
COVID-19 note: Ensuring the health, wellbeing and safety of our participants, staff, volunteers and the public is at the centre of our planning. We’ll keep our plans under review and provide regular updates, so you’re able to make travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary. If the walk is postponed, cancelled or moved you’ll have the option to move your place or request a full refund.